Spare Some for Autism improves the lives of individuals with ASD and their families in North Carolina by sharing resources and affecting autism legal reform through statewide collaboration and advocacy.
We also seek to support families by educating them on such topics as literacy and coping with developmental disabilities so that families will be better prepared to support each other, allowing those with affected by ASD to achieve their highest level of independence within their home, school and community, all while gaining respect and support for themselves.
- Advocating for better services and improved quality of life for people with ASD.
- Building alliances with respected peers, fostering community allies and promoting community involvement.
- Educating professionals who work with affected children and adults.
- Developing active collaborations and cooperative partnerships that positively affect those with ASD.
- Identifying educational resources for parents and caregivers who would utilize in-home training to create a safe home environment for those with ASD.
- Support caregivers affected by educating them on topics as literacy and coping with disabilities so that they will be better prepared.